The Association for Sustainable and Responsible Investment in Asia (ASrIA), on behalf of the Asia Investor Group on Climate Change (AIGCC) and the other members of the Global Investor Coalition on Climate Change (GIC), wishes to thank our speakers, moderators, delegates and sponsors for making the First Global Investor Forum on Climate Change, held on 13-14th June 2013 in Hong Kong, a huge success.
Read the Forum media release: US$20 trillion Global Investor Coalition puts spotlight on Asia’s contribution to climate change and solutions
Explore the FINAL PROGRAMME with videos and articles from our media partners.
GLOBAL INVESTOR ACTION PLAN ON CLIMATE CHANGE: 2013-2015
The GLOBAL INVESTOR ACTION PLAN ON CLIMATE CHANGE: 2013-2015 was released at the Forum. The members of the GIC will together undertake five areas on behalf of their investor members in the period 2013 to 2015. Our aim is to help reduce the risks from climate change to investors and the global economy by simultaneously encouraging improved governmental climate policies and facilitating increased low carbon investment. Activities in the five work areas below are additional to those of each regional investor group. Activities will be added or changed as required.
- SUPPORT AND COORDINATE INTERNATIONAL INVESTOR ACTION ON CLIMATE CHANGE
- ENCOURAGE INVESTORS TO FULLY INTEGRATE CLIMATE CHANGE INTO INVESTMENT PRACTICE
- FACILITATE LOW CARBON INVESTMENTS BY INSTITUTIONAL INVESTORS
- ENCOURAGE INVESTOR STEWARDSHIP AND ENGAGEMENT TO IMPROVE CORPORATE PRACTICES ON CLIMATE CHANGE
- SEEK GOVERNMENT POLICIES THAT REDUCE THE RISKS OF CLIMATE CHANGE AND FACILITATE LOW CARBON INVESTMENT
Download the GLOBAL INVESTOR ACTION PLAN ON CLIMATE CHANGE: 2013-2015.